Every week we will bring you the top 3 news and other updates that came around from the security token industry at one place. This week’s top security token news:
1. Europe’s First Compliant Exchange Opens Market for Security Tokens
Extauri, the first fully regulatory compliant European exchange combining cryptocurrency and traditional assets has announced that they are accepting applications from parties which have successfully completed Security Token Offerings (STO’s). The platform offers full services to those who have completed their STO’s and supports their trading within a fully legal exchange ecosystem, complete with a Fiat Gateway for direct investments. Read details about launch of Extauri here.
2. Security Token Offerings are ‘Illegal’ says China
Huo Xuewen, Beijing’s Municipal Bureau of Finance chief, has given a call out to the projects who are moving towards conducting security token offerings (STOs). He cleared it that security token offering (STO) fundraising is currently illegal in Beijing. Read the details of Chinese verdict here.
3. Thai Government Supports Exchange’s $10M Security Token Sale
Thai cryptocurrency exchange pioneer Satang Corp. has set out plans to raise $9.9 million in a security token offering early next year. The interesting point to note here is that Satang is undertaking the planned security token sale with the support of the Thai government as the government aims to turn the country into a regional blockchain hub. Read the update about the Thai government support for security tokens here.
Other Important Updates This Week
- Crypto Giants Like tZERO and NEM agree on Security Token Roadmap : A number of blockchain industry companies have recently announced the launch of a common framework called Millbrook Accord to facilitate the market interoperability of security tokens. It includes crypto industry giants like SharesPost, tZERO, Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GSX) Group, NEM, Bankorus, Blockchain Labs, AnyPay etc. Know more the recently launched security token framework here.
- Security Token Platform Neufund announces Partnership with Ledger: Security token issuance platform Neufund has announced a new partnership with Ledger, a crypto wallet and secure custody platform for digital assets. The recent partnership with Ledger aims to enable its users to help them manage their assets on blockchain while simultaneously creating safest user experience for investors. Read details of their partnership here.
- Leading Fintech Firm ‘BANKEX’ to Launch Security Token Trading Platform: BANKEX is a leading global financial technology company developing a tokenization ecosystem, providing technology and services at every stage. Now, as part of their STO Framework they have launched their very own BANKEX Token Exchange. Know more about the upcoming exchange here.
Analysis of The Week
Is Launching STO the Right Choice For Your Firm?
Are you confused about launching an STO? Read our detailed guide and go through the checklist for your analysis. Lets go.